9/15/15

Wikipedia Reader

The thought of someone reading an article that I helped write is pretty cool to me, even if they are a stranger. I can hardly picture thousands of them. I knew Wikipedia had a user-friendly editing system, but I kind of pushed that knowledge to the back of my mind and assumed it was the Internet fairies that came up with the sources and information.

But it's not! It's real people like us, in college around the world (as wiki editing is becoming more and more common as secondary education assignment work).

So I'm really intrigued by a Wikipedia reader viewing my edits and work. I think it's important to not only be professional, but use reliable sources. Giving information is a privilege, and you can't abuse it.

1 comment:

  1. This is hard for me to wrap my head around as well, I never thought about editing Wikipedia even though I knew I could.

    ReplyDelete