10/24/15

"Nuclear" family

I know nuclear means immediate family, but I have a great, uneventful relationship with my family, so I thought, what if I compared them to a nuclear explosion? They're not, of course. We are some of the calmest people you will ever meet. We are all artists, writers and illustrators and singers and actors, but like I said, we have a constant, even relationship. If anything, I was the nuclear explosion a few years ago. " ", writes Manning. I've got to say I know a little about what that's like. I was a lit fuse ready to blow in my self-identity crisis when I was thirteen and fourteen, trying to dye my hair black and understand the secrets of the universe. No, my family has always been supportive and patient, even through my "hatred" phase (don't lie, we all had one). They were my gas mask in the nuclear disaster of growing up. Wow, that sounded a lot better in my head. No, that was a lie, it didn't. It sounded just as bad.

No comments:

Post a Comment